Chantilly, VA, United States
Jul 29, 2020
Job Number: R0087334
Cyber Systems Engineer The Challenge
Everyone knows security needs to be baked in to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber engineering skills to design and build secure systems for the customer? We're looking for an engineer who can create solutions for our customer that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As a Cyber engineer on our project, you'll provide Cybersecurity engineering services to support the client's mission. You'll coordinate work with teams to identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer's IT needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you'll investigate new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. You'll lead the team through a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions, to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. You'll apply expertise in systems engineering to requirements analysis and allocation, architecture analysis and design, technology assessment, and metrics development; provide operational support, including tool testing in an operational environment and coordinating and resolving issues with vendors and other appropriate personnel. You'll develop and apply advanced methods, theories, and research techniques to the investigation and resolution of complex project requirements and technical specifications for software development projects and plan and direct full life cycle projects or major phases of projects for highly visible technical solution programs. This is a chance to make a difference in the security of the IC. Your technical expertise will be vital as you help customers overcome their most difficult challenges by integrating secure practices. You'll be able to broaden your skillset while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure. Join our team, as we improve IT resources through Cybersecurity.
Empower change with us.
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering
-Knowledge of software vulnerabilities and exploits
-TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph required
-BA or BS degree required
Nice If You Have:
-Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of IT resources, including Windows, Linux, VMware, and network software products
-Experience with database formats, queries, structures, and schema
-Experience with operating system languages and language packs and Cybersecurity products, including anti-virus and endpoint security variants and methods
-Knowledge of firmware or embedded systems, networking protocols, routing, and firewalls
-Knowledge of operating systems at the administrative or kernel level
-Knowledge of the intelligence community (IC)'s mission, vision, goals, and values
-Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people-that's Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we'll help you develop the career you want.
- From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we've got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
- Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and/or funding to advance your skills.
- CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere-including your phone-and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
- In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we've partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity-fully funded without a tuition cap.
- Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We're an EOE that empowers our people-no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic-to fearlessly drive change.
We are proud of our diverse environment. EOE,M/F/Disability/Vet.