Huntsville, AL, United States
Jul 30, 2020
Description: Take your career to a new level and work at an outstanding company in Huntsville, AL!
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our outstanding skills and experiences to create, craft and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems.
Do you want to join a supportive team that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the desire and resolve to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
Army Hypersonic Strike Program is experiencing significant growth, and we need expertise to deliver the worlds most sophisticated strategic capabilities to our customers. We have opportunities that include Advanced Hypersonic Systems, Glide Body, and other key sophisticated technology insertions. Involvement early in the system design and engineering phase provides you with tremendous career growth potential along with meaningful assignments to stretch and hone your expertise. This is a rare opportunity to work closely alongside our Military partners to field future systems that the nation urgently needs.
We have a new opportunity for a Program Quality Engineer (QE) supporting the Strategic Missiles Defense group located in Huntsville, AL. As part of this new team you will help plan and successfully implement a new portfolio Army Strategic Program. You will work closely with both the QA team and the Integrated Product Team (IPT) to develop, apply, and maintain quality systems ensuring delivery of capabilities that the Army customer has defined in their Statement of Work & System Requirements, for near-term operational deployment. As a member of this strategic team working on groundbreaking technologies, you will be exposed to multiple opportunities for personal & career growth, supported by our team of Quality & Engineering professionals across the Strategic & Missile Defense Line of Business & across Lockheed Martin Space.
As the Quality Engineer you will be a driving force to guide technical decisions to systematically craft the system design and drive design evolution. Your responsibilities will include the following:
•Alignment of process & product quality on this critical program.
•Maintain a strong understanding of Quality/Product Assurance and the ability to adapt to program needs.
•Having a Quality & Product Assurance mentality you will an independent & objective judge of product performance, being the authority to ensure system & program requirements are met.
•Work closely with Army counterparts to develop, test, and field a strategic system and to ensure Quality Program Plans are documented, current, and successfully implemented.
•Ensure proper flow-down & trace requirements for the program life-cycle.
•Recommend influential program performance metrics and drive their implementation and identify adverse trends, understand/identify risks, and drive effective corrective action.
•Throughout the program life-cycle, you will support Corrective Action Board (CAB) activities and lead cross-functional improvement projects to drive program cost down and overall value up.
•Provide back-up support to other program team QEs.
•The development of relationships in this role is critical to overall program communication in support of effec
Benefits of Employment
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.)
• Strong quality processes experience, example: RC, CA, Audit experience
• Ability to interact with DoD, DCMA, and/or other government customers to build effective relationships.
• Ability to conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments.
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance and US Citizenship required.
Demonstrated experience supporting program milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, MRR, etc.) as a QA or engineering point of contact with an understanding of a program life cycle.
• Prior experience working with Mechanical Systems or Missile Body Systems (Propulsion, Structures, Ordnance and/or Controls).
• Experience in a Program Start-Up environment or a development program, inlcuding Project Planning.
• Experience defining a requirements and verification baseline, and of QA oversight of implementation.
• Experience with Supplier Quality tools and processes, SAP/ERP, and EPDM.
• Prior experience with Material Review Board (MRB).
• Quality Engineering experience with working knowledge of AS9100-based Quality Assurance Program Plan; familiarity/knowledge with Quality Assurance Requirements with various commodities (i.e piece parts, subassemblies/module, assemblies, etc.)
• Green Belt Certification, with commensurate experience in applying and using this toolset.
• An understanding of the LM Configuration Control process.
• Experience participating in or conducting QA reviews including CABs, Corrective Action Plans, and Continuous Improvement projects.
• Ability to interface with program planning to manage the QA portion of an Integrated Master Plan (IMP).
• Demonstrated experience in Root Cause Analysis (RCA) methodologies and in developing preventive quality corrective action plans, identify, and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to clearly communicate to others in a concise, data driven manner.
• Working knowledge of Cost Account Management (CAM).
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.