Palmdale, CA, United States
AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER (CAN START W/O CLEARANCE)
LOCATION: PALMDALE, CA
12 MONTH CONTRACT
****MUST BE ABLE TO OBTAIN SECRET CLEARANCE. CAN START WITHOUT CLEARANCE.
* This position is deployed to the Revolutionary Technology Programs (RTP) team to provide technical support/direction.
* Expected to support team's performance on project related to the analysis, design, and testing of plasma physics experiments.
* The position more generally requires working in a small, fast moving team on concept level analysis, study of plasma stability and behavior, as well as detailed design of experimental hardware and experiments.
* Candidate must be able to work in a manufacturing and laboratory environment, including wearing radiation safety badge.
* Must have experience in designing, developing, testing, analyzing, or modeling/simulating plasma physics experiments/phenomena
--Ph.D. in Physics, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Nuclear Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with strong background in experimental plasma physics
--Strong research background in plasma diagnostics
--Strong research background working with or developing neutral beams
--Experience working with high vacuum and ultra-high vacuum systems
--Proficient with analysis tools such as MATLAB and/or LabVIEW
Requires use of MS Office software tools to compile data, reduce data, and generate reports.
Strong verbal and written communication skills are highly desirable.
Good oral presentation and written skills
* Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance.
* Selected applicant must also possess, or be able to obtain, special access program clearances.
* Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access
****OCCASIONAL OVERTIME & ODD HOURS
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.