General Dynamics Information Technology
Eagan, MN, United States
Quality, It, Security Clearance
Jun 09, 2022
Sep 22, 2022
Type of Requisition: Regular
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Public Trust/Other Required: None
Job Family: IT Quality Assurance
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a Software QA Tester to join our Range Facility Management Support System (RFMSS) Project. The ideal candidate will be able to create and execute test procedures, regression test, capture test artifacts, identify problems and document results. A qualified candidate must have an Active Secret security clearance.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
• Active Secret security clearance
• 7 years of experience with Agile software development or life cycle (SDLC) projects
• 8 years of Testing related work experience
• 5 years of experience as a Scrum Master working with agile tools, including Jira, ALM or Confluence
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) Certification
• Experience as the Scrum Master of a development team
• Work with a development team as a scrum master to facilitate Agile best practices and mentor new team members on Agile processes
• Facilitate sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
• Support the management team in communicating with clients and stakeholders to manage expectations
• Collect and write detailed user stories and work with the team and client to identify associated tasks and acceptance criteria
• Analyze business processes and work with the project team to implement and improve processes
• Maintain a product backlog, support QA and requirement validation, meet with various stakeholders to discuss needs, and provide suggestions during stakeholder interviews and requirements gathering
• Work with the project team to coordinate and prioritize tasks via backlogs for sprint planning and setting schedules
• Provide documentation for new efforts, including LOE analysis, plans or timelines, requirements documents, and other required documentation
• Experience with gathering and documenting technical and business requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Developing Test procedures – Creating manual test procedures for current set of backlog items: system, functional, regression, performance, load, installation, security, interoperability, stress, boundary; defining tests for backlog items; estimating tasks needed for creating manual tests, and assessing candidates to automate for regression tests, capturing appropriate test artifacts, identifying problems and documenting results via Defect Reports
• Test systems at the user interface, component, integration, system, end-to-end, and regression levels
• Analyze test results and track software testing metrics
• Prepare and present test reports
• Document test results and maintain test plans, test environments, and test event checklists for each test cycle
• Prepare detailed test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements for manual testing
• Developing and implementing quality assurance methodologies to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards, guidelines, and procedures in a large computer-based organization.
• Developing and executing software test plans, test cases, and test scripts for Integration, Migration, Regression, and/or Performance testing, and IA and disaster recovery, to identify system and software problems and their causes, recording defect backlog items, reporting the results of testing, and resolving testing defects.
• Establishing and maintaining a process for evaluating hardware, software, and associated documentation and assisting in their evaluation.
• Performing iteration and performance testing touch points.
• Mapping tasks and tests to backlog items (requirements traceability).
• Supporting independent User Acceptance Testing
• Acting as a member of a product team supporting teammates and collaborating with a do what it takes attitude to ensure product and team success.
• Collaborating with developers, professional services team, and product managers to define the testing components that will be used to validate requirements against developed software.
• Working with Product Owners to understand product specifics and to create corresponding test strategies.
• Assisting with design of test scenarios and test plans to ensure that tests can be implemented and executed against. Create and review test plans.
• Understanding traditional software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management. Write and review software requirements.
• Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong communication skills and work ethic; self-starter
• Knowledge of the Project Management institute (PMI) project management framework
• Familiar with ALM, JIRA, Confluence or similar programs
• Knowledge of a programming/ scripting language, ideally PL/SQL
• Knowledge of a database management system, ideally Oracle
• Coordination and leadership skills
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
General Dynamics Information Technology
Website : https://gdit.com/